Katie's first day of Preschool!

Katie's first day of preschool was a lot of fun.  Katie has been looking forward to this day all summer long.  We went out  a week before and got her a "pack-pack" as she would call it (it had to be blue).  She decorated her school box with stickers so she would know which one was hers.  We made a day of it when we went to get her supply list it was very fun so. . . when the first day of school finally came for Katie she could hardly stand to wait any longer.  There was no timid little girl only "Mom when we get to the sidewalk you don't have to hold my hand cause I'm a big girl."  Brooklyn had to have a pack-pack too on the big day and truly wanted to do everything like her big sister Katie.  When we got to the school Katie was fearless and walked  right up to her school mates and asked to play.  When she got to class she and the little boy who sits next to her (Max) were instant friends.  When time came for me to leave she waved good bye and never looked back. . . a little hard on Mommy but I'm very proud.  When we got to Rocket Brooklyn kept asking "where Katie Mama?"  She cried all the way home. . . and was a little lost when we walked in the door.  Brook and I snuggled a bit till she fell asleep and I was left with a very quiet house.  When the house work was done I looked up and it was time to go get our big girl so I woke  our little sleeping beauty up strapped her back into Rocket and headed off toward the school.  When I walked in the classroom Katie didn't want to leave and only when I told her she would be coming back tomorrow did she agree to leave.  Talking to her on the way home was so fun she just chatted my ear off and told me all her fun little details like "Mom I sit next to Max at my blue school (the building is blue) and he is just so cool."  I have to laugh because our little Katie is such a princess and even at four all she had to talk about was boys and how cool they are.  She has enjoyed telling me all about the things she is learning too but for some strange reason Max is included in most of these stories.  Hee Hee so fun enjoy the pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment