Katie's project. . . or should I say Mom's project.

Katie wanted to make something special for her teachers and Mom wanted to thank the two amazing ladies that taught her baby girl so much this past year.  I was so nervous to have Katie start school last fall it was a huge step to have my oldest not at home with me all day, but after a few days of preschool I realized she was in good hands and my nerves relaxed.  I would be telling fibs if I said I wasn't nervous for all day kindergarten in the fall, but I must say her preschool experience has made it a far less scarier step.  So for family home evening a few weeks back I had found this great little book at the library and we learned about filling each others buckets with good happy feelings and not being a bucket dipper and taking from others buckets by being mean.  It really has helped with our family's spirit and we have enjoyed how it has helped the girls understand how their actions affect others.  I loved the book so much and Katie's teachers have continued to fill her bucket this year not only with knowledge but with their kindness and love.  So I bought them each a copy of the book and made them a cookie bouquet of hearts and placed them in a bucket.  It was a lot of work but I am pretty happy with the outcome and the teachers seemed to be happy also.  Also through out the school year I have taken in Mom's sugar cookies for snack time, parties, or whatever else and Ms. Michelle fell in love with them and asked me to make 50 of them for the kids graduation party so it was a pretty busy morning of baking and frosting cookies.  The girls were happy to help mommy so it was a fun morning.
The "bucket" bouquets filled with cookie hearts.
The book
A whole lot sugar cookie fun. . .FYI I didn't take a single cookie home with me, people sure do love them cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment