Gingerbread House!

This year because we stayed home and missed out on all the huge family traditions back in Utah, we decided that some family traditions should be started of our own.  Our first one was to bake and decorate a gingerbread house.  So I sat down to Trav's computer punched in gingerbread template and was blown away at the talent out there.  Gee wiz people can get pretty dang into this sort of thing.  Instead of building a Victorian structure that would be the end of me, I settled for a cute little six piece house and set to work.  Katie enjoyed mixing the gingerbread and watching me cute it out.  She could hardly stand there while it cooled so we could get to work.  Once it was cool we set out our goodies and trusty pampered chef icing decorators and let the girls get to work.  It was the best family home evening we have had in a long time.  A great treat!  We had to support the sides with cans for a few days till the icing hardened. . . and unfortunately I didn't get pictures of it without the cans sorry.  But I think you can get the general idea!

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment