Fourth of July tradition

So last year and this year we set up lawn chairs and watched as the older kids and uncle Kevin set off fireworks the younger kids got to choose which one they wanted and then the big kids would set them off in the street.  This years celebrations were just as fun as last with the younger kids giggling and screaming for everyone.  Pretty fun stuff.  What I liked best about the holiday this year?  It's the second year in a row I got to have my hubby next to me for it.  What a blessing it has been to have him home and safe the last year and getting to have him home for another before he heads back over next year.  If these deployments have taught me anything it is to cherish every moment you have with someone and pray that while you are apart you will have the faith in believing they are in safe hands.  Thank you to all those who serve or have served and big hugs for the families who sacrifice so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment